Online Teacher Refresher Course
This 15-hour course would be beneficial for overseas teachers who want to enhance their knowledge of grammar and pronunciation, learn more about various teaching methodologies, and look at different areas in English Language Teaching.
The classes focus on different approaches to teaching reading, writing, listening, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. This programme will enable you to develop professionally through reflection on your own teaching experience and discussion of new ideas in the group sessions.
You will come away from this course with a broad range of practical teaching activities which can be adapted to your own class and style.
Specific areas covered:
· New and more traditional teaching methods
· Approaches to teaching skills classes
· Different types of grammar lesson and analysis of their strengths and weaknesses
· In-depth examination of the lexical approach and how to apply it to the classroom
· Overview of the phonological features of English and how to develop learners’ pronunciation
· Ideas for good classroom practice
· Discussion of teaching experience and sharing of new ideas
Class hours per week: 15 hours
Course Price: £100 per week
Entry: Closed groups only.
Average class size: Minimum 5 students - Maximum 12 students
Lesson Duration: Mon-Fri 13:30 to 16:45
Levels: CEFR B2 and above
Course Start Dates
|Monday 13th July 2020|