Re-Opening COVID FAQ's
CORONAVIRUS (Covid-19) UPDATE
We will be back with face-to-face teaching from Monday 08 March. See our guidance for a safe re-opening below for more information.
KAE Safe reopening FAQ's
Q: When will the school be open again for face-to-face lessons?
A: We will be open again for face-to-face teaching from Monday 08 March.
Q: Which courses are available?
A: All our General English courses and General English Plus courses are currently available.
Q: What are the new safety measures at KAE?
A: To ensure the safety of our students and our staff, we have the following safety measures in place:
Hand sanitizers & cleaning spray in each room and hand sanitizers throughout the school building
There will be additional cleaning throughout the building and classrooms will be sanitized at the end of each session
Doors to hallways and classroom windows will be kept open to provide additional ventilation
Masks are not required within the school building but you may choose to wear a mask
Students should inform a member of staff immediately if they feel unwell
Students arriving from outside the UK will need to provide a negative PCR test result before joining face-to-face classes
Q: How will my first day at KAE be different?
- All testing, including the speaking test, will be carried out online and via Zoom before you arrive
- Registration will be done digitally
- Induction and welcome meeting will take place via Zoom
- You will need to send us a picture of your passport or ID card, including visa where it applies, before you arrive at the school
- You will have to tell us whether you have been unwell prior to travelling and declare any pre-existing health conditions
- We may ask you for proof of your date of entry to the UK
Q: Will KAE run a social programme?
A: We will run daily activities which will be advertised on our school noticeboard
As more attractions begin to open up during July and August, we can add more options such as Museums, Sky Garden and Thames Cruises and daytrips out of London on Saturdays.
Q: If I need to cancel my course will I still be charged?
A: No, we are offering a book with confidence guarantee. You can cancel or postpone your course booking up to 7 days before your course start date and receive either a full refund or a credit note, valid for 1 year from the course start date.
If you cancel less than 7 days before the course start date, you will receive a credit note, valid for 1 year from the course start date.
If you have booked via an official representative or agent, please contact them before booking to ensure you are happy with their cancellation policy. We cannot be held responsible for bookings made through third parties.
Q: What happens if I get Covid-19 symptoms while studying at KAE?
A: You must inform the school immediately if you have any of the following symptoms:
- New or continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste or smell
You should apply for a test if you have the symptoms of coronavirus, or live with someone who has the symptoms of coronavirus. You can register for a test on the NHS website. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 119 to arrange for a test.
For more details, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/
Q: What are the new safety measures in our accommodation?
A: To prevent the spread of the virus and ensure your safety in our accommodation we have introduced the following new measures:
- There will be hand sanitizers at the entrances
- We will provide you with your own plate, cup, glass and cutlery*
- We will provide you with a clean bedding set
- We will change your bedding every other week*
- Posters reminding you of how to keep safe will be widely available in the building
- Rooms will be disinfected before/after each booking
- We will provide professional cleaning of each room once a week*
- Although twin rooms will still be available, you will only be able to book this option after you have stayed in a single room for at least 2 weeks
- We will check your temperature on arrival *
- Cleaning products will be available to you, so that you can wipe down surfaces before/after each use *
- We will ask you to use shared facilities in a coordinated way: there will be a limit to the number of students that can use the kitchen at the same time *
*DG residences only
Before your arrival, we will send you detailed guidelines of all of our safety measures for the residence that you have booked.
Q: What do I have to do before I travel?
A:Please, see the latest travel advice and guidance https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-c...
Q: Do I have to quarantine on arrival to England?
A: Please, see the latest travel advice and guidance https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-c...
Q: What should I bring with me?
A: We suggest you bring a supply of face masks or face coverings and hand sanitizer for personal use.
Please be aware that face masks or face coverings will be mandatory on public transport in London after 19th July 2021.
Some shops and supermarkets will also still require you to wear masks.
Q: How will I get to the school safely?
A: Many of our accommodation options are within a short walking distance to the school.
If you have to use public transport to get to school, you must still wear a mask or face covering.
Q: How will I get to and from the airport safely?
A: We advise against travel on public transport. The school can arrange a private taxi transfer for you to take you to your accommodation safely. You will be required to wear a mask for the journey.
Q: What happens if I have to self-isolate because I have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19?
A: If you need to self-isolate, you may be able to follow your class online.
The NHS website provides useful advice on self-isolation and our team is available to give you help and advice if needed. For more information on self-isolating please visit the NHS website here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/
Q: Will KAE continue to offer online courses after the school reopens?
A: Yes, we will still be offering 1-2-1 lessons online. Our online courses are perfect for those unable to travel to the UK or for those who wish to continue learning once they have returned to their home country.
Q: Who do I contact if I have more questions?
A: Our team is available, Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm. We are happy to arrange meetings to discuss individual circumstances. Contact us via email@example.com or call us on 0207 221 6665 for more information.